Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

An Email from God




From:  God [god@heaven.net]
Date:  July 29, 2014 at 8:33:22 AM PDT
To:   Distribution list [all humanity]
Subj: Just stop it!
Reply-To:  [www.prayerstoGod.net]

People, I’m sorry, but I just don’t understand you. And if I don’t understand you, that’s saying a lot. LOL

I created anatomically modern versions of you about 200,000 years ago. I know, I know: some of you take everything literally and believe I did it in October of 4004 BC.  But that’s just part of biblical mythology ... an early kind of PR campaign on My part, don’tcha know. (Sorry. I digress.)

After you muddled on for a few thousand years I let you develop modern human behavior: language, abstract thought, symbolism, etc. That was about 50,000 years ago, and at that point I thought you would develop real intelligence and common sense on your own. I was wrong.

From the moment I let your species loose on this planet—whether on the sixth day of Creation, as it says in that book you wrote about Me, or some date scores of millennia earlier—there has been but one overriding story line: war.  Constant, unrelenting, unforgiving war. It’s fueled by your fears, anger, jealousies, and hatreds. It never solves anything, but you keep doing it. Apparently you hope that the next one will be the last one. It never is.

I think one of you said, and I’m paraphrasing here, “It’s a mark of insanity to keep trying the same thing over and over and expecting to get different results.” Well if that’s true, I’m here to tell you that you’re all insane. You never get different results; everyone loses, but you keep trying. Pardon the italics, but I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this any more.

I have watched you fight it out for aeons (I’m old, I use the old spelling), and the list of conflicts is endless. To name just a few, there’s the Peloponnesian War, the Hundred Years War, various civil wars (that’s an oxymoron if I ever heard one!), World War I (“the war to end all wars”), WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan, and hundreds of others.

Now the Middle East is ablaze again in Syria and Gaza and Iraq. And you’ve even democratized war so much that it no longer requires an army: a few zealots with a cause can fly like kamikazes into large buildings or shoot down civilian aircraft with shoulder-held rocket launchers.

Wake up, people! It doesn’t make any sense! You fight endlessly. You fight over territory. You fight over power. You fight over tribal jealousies (take the Hutus vs. the Tutsis, for example). All your great religions purport to worship Me and act in My Name, and they all speak of the desire for love and peace, but you even fight about religion! (See, e.g, Christians vs. Muslims; Catholics vs. Protestants; Sunnis vs. Shiites).

William Shakespeare, the best author I ever created, might as well have been referring to war when he wrote: “It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

So here’s my message to you humans: JUST STOP IT! Ask your most respected religious and spiritual leaders (no politicians, please, for My sake!) to get together and send this message to the world on my behalf—

No comments:

Post a Comment